Dispenser-Printed Energy Scavenging and Energy Storage Group
The Advanced Manufacturing for Energy Laboratory has created a wet laboratory working space specifically for the research and development of new forms of energy storage and generation. We investigate alternative ways to manufacture and process both common and new materials to improve device performance. Located in Etcheverry Hall, Room 2117, the space is equipped to allow researchers to make and print novel materials, as well as produce, characterize, and test their devices. Current research includes printed batteries, printed supercapacitors, and printed thermoelectric generators.
- Wang, Z., A. Chen, R. Winslow, D. Madan, R.C. Juang, M. Nill, J.W. Evans, P.K. Wright (2012). “Integration of dispenser-printed ultra-low-voltage thermoelectric and energy storage devices” Journal of Micromech. & Microeng., Vol. 22 (9), 094001. [Link]
- Madan, D., A. Chen, R.C. Juang, P.K. Wright, J.W. Evans (2012). “Printed Se doped M.A. n-type Bi2Te3 Thick Film Thermoelectric Generators” Journal of Electronic Materials, DOI: 10.1007/s11664-011-1885-5. [Link]
- Chen, A., D. Madan, P.K. Wright, J.W. Evans (2011). “Dispenser-printing Planar Thick-film Thermoelectric Generators” Journal of Micromech. & Microeng., Vol. 21 (10), 104006. [Link]
- Madan, D., A. Chen, P.K. Wright, J.W. Evans (2011). “Dispenser Printed Composite Thermoelectric Thick Films for Thermoelectric Generator Applications.” Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 108, 034904. [Link]
- Miller, L.M., A. Chen, P.K. Wright, J.W. Evans (2010). “Resonance Frequency Customization for MEMS Vibration Energy Harvesters Using Dispenser Printed Proof Mass” Proceedings of PowerMEMS 2010 (Leuven, Belgium, 1-3 December 2010), pp. 411-414.
- “She paints for Power”, Innovations – UC Berkeley, Vol. 4, Issue 8.[Link]
- Wright, P., D.A. Dornfeld, A. Chen, C.C. Ho, J.W. Evans (2010). “Dispenser Printing for Prototyping Microscale Devices.” Transactions of NAMRI/SME, Vol. 38, pp. 555-561.
- Ho, C.C., J.W. Evans, P.K. Wright (2010) “Direct write dispenser printing of a zinc microbattery with an ionic liquid gel electrolyte.” Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering, Vol. 20, 104009. [Link]
- Leland, E.S, P.K. Wright, and R.W. White (2009) “A MEMS AC current sensor for residential and commercial electricity end-use monitoring.” Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering, Vol. 19, pp. 094018 (6pp) [Link]
- Ho, C.C., D.A. Steingart, J.W. Evans, P.K. Wright (2008). “Tailoring Electrochemical Capacitor Energy Storage Using Direct Write Dispenser Printing.” ECS Transactions, Vol. 16 (1), pp. 35-47.